Quarantiners were so excited to cook at home at the beginning of isolation – we saw many great recipes on social media. By now, most of you probably ran out of creativity and can’t wait to dine out.
But while our favorite restaurants remain closed, maybe these recipes from Parma will inspire you to continue to cook even more delicious meals. They are all vegan and made with their non-dairy parmesan cheese. A Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo? Yes, this is possible. You can still be in your food comfort zone while discovering new cuisines inside your own kitchen?
Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
- Noodles or Zucchini Noodles*
- 1 Cup Cashews (depending on how thick you want your sauce)
- ½ Lemon to taste
- 1 Cup Parma! (1 – 3.5oz bottle)
- 1-2 Cups Water
- Salt to taste
- Basil or parsley as garnish
Cook your noodles as directed. Blend the dry cashews into a flour. Add 1/2 the Parma! then slowly blend in water. Add additional Parma! to desired consistency and taste; add salt to taste. Put a portion of noodles onto a plate or bowl, add a dollop of sauce on top. Garnish with Parma! and fresh herbs.
*Zucchini Noodles – 1 or 2 Zucchini – use a Spiral Slicer for angel hair pasta or a Spirooli Slicer for thicker noodles, or using a wide grater, make long thin strips.
If you are using wide zucchini strips, layout the strip put a dollop of cheese on top, and roll it up.
- 10 jalapenos, cleaned and cut in half
- chopped green onion
- chopped green pepper
- diced mushrooms
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded vegan cheddar
- 1/4 cup Better Than Bacon Parma!
- 1/4 cup Chipotle Cayenne Parma!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute peppers, onion, and mushrooms until soft.
- Mix all ingredients together. Stuff jalapenos. Sprinkle Parma! on top. Place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Creamy Pesto Pasta
- 16ox box pasta (your favorite)
- 8oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 large red onion chopped
- 2 cups fresh packed basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 2/3 cup veggie or olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2+ TBSP Parma Original
Preheat oven to 425. Begin cooking pasta in boiling water. While pasta is boiling, combine mushrooms, asparagus, onions, a little oil/salt/pepper, spread onto a baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes. To make the Creamy Pesto Pasta sauce combine the basil, garlic, lemon zest + juice, oil, pine nuts, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper in a food processor or large personal blender and blend until creamy. When pasta is done, drain all but 1/4 cup water (a little pasta water helps the creaminess), combine pasta with mushrooms, asparagus, onions, and pesto, sprinkle generously with Parma and serve.
On Parma! website, you can see more recipes and check out their products.
Ice Cream Recipes by Vegan for Fit
Matthew Kenney Q&A: Ladurée Going Vegan