With the holidays right around the corner, Jet.com surveyed 2,000 consumers on their holiday shopping behaviors and favorite traditions.
- 79% of people admit they have re-gifted!
- 59% of women are hoping for a ring this holiday season!
- 49% of people have kissed under the mistletoe!
Whether your favorite holiday moments include shopping for presents, decorating the tree, cooking up a big dinner or spending quality time with family and friends, Jet.com has you covered.
Give, Get, (Re)Gift
- Scary Fact: 21% of men do the majority of their holiday shopping before Halloween.
- Older but not necessarily wiser. 16% of 35-44-year-olds say they wait until after Dec 15 to do their holiday shopping.
- Mommy (in-law) Dearest. 41% of women ranked in-laws hardest to shop for.
- Work Wife Drama. Coworkers are among the most difficult people to shop for by 18%.
- Oh, I love(d) it! 79% of people have re-gifted.
- It’s all About the Benjamins. Money tops the list for most requested gift.
- Put a Ring on It. 59% of women are hoping for a ring this holiday season! Check out engagement rings and wedding bands on Jet.com.
- Slow Simmer. The slow cooker takes first in favorite kitchen gadgets, narrowly edging out the mixer, 35% to 32%. Satisfy your inner chef with the latest slow cookers and mixers from Jet.com.
Are You Not Entertained?
- Let There be Light! (Sweaters) 35% of people rock Ugly Christmas-themed Sweaters while 20% light up the party with Light-Up Sweaters. Look great in any of these ugly sweaters from Jet.com.
- Play Your Cards Right. Cards during the holidays are a hit with under 35-year-olds. Check out the latest must-have card game from BuzzFeed, Social Sabotage, exclusively sold on Jet.com and Walmart.com.
- Say Goodnight, Kevin. “Home Alone” takes third place to “A Christmas Story” and “The Grinch” as favorite holiday movie.
Deck the Halls
- Dreaming of a Colorful Christmas. Colored lights and artificial trees top the list for holiday decorations, with 66% and 56% saying they’ll use each, respectively. Get in the holiday spirit with decorations from Jet.com.
- City Tree Huggers. City dwellers are more likely to spring for a real tree, at 32% compared to 23% of rural residents.
- I Saw Mommy Everyone Kissing Santa Claus. Kissing under the mistletoe is popular with 93% of people! 49% say they’ve done it, 16% wish they had, and 28% would like to.