Attention all silent film aficionados!
Arts Brookfield brings back the acclaimed “Silent Film/Live Music” series, curated by John Schaefer. Experience three unforgettable evenings of classic silent film screenings accompanied by live music!
The event is January 22, 23, and 24 from 7:30-9:30 PM at the Winter Garden in Brookfield Place.
” … These films, some of them over a century old, are still relevant today,” says Schaefer. “This of course is the property of art, to transcend the time in which it was made. But it’s also a measure of how the themes in these movies keep recurring through the years.”
Screened events include the rarely-seen work of French filmmaking pioneer Alice Guy-Blaché, Tod Browning (who went on to direct the acclaimed classic Freaks), Charlie Chaplin, and many more, all with original scores and performances.
You will hear exciting original scores from composer Alexis Cuadrado, Vernon Reid (Living Colour, Black Rock Coalition), and British piano trio GoGo Penguin.
This is not to be missed…plus, the first 600 attendees get free popcorn!
Wednesday, Jan 22, 7:30PM
All Wednesday films scored and performed by Alexis Cuadrado
- Alice Guy-Blaché’s The Consequences of Feminism (World Premiere) (6:44 mins) and Algie the Miner (World Premiere) (9:42 mins)
- Harold M. Shaw’s The Land Beyond the Sunset (World Premiere)(14 mins)
- Charlie Chaplin’s The Immigrant (2015) (25 mins)
Thursday, Jan 23, 7:30PM
All Thursday films scored and performed by Vernon Reid
- James Searle Dawley’s Frankenstein (World Premiere) (14 min)
- Tod Browning’s masterpiece The Unknown (World Premiere) (59 min)
Friday, Jan 24, 7:30PM
- Godfrey Reggio’s Koyaanisqatsi scored by GoGo Penguin (New York Premiere) (100 mins)
Please Note: Seating for these popular performances is first come, first served and early arrival is strongly suggested. No RSVP or tickets needed.
For more information, click here:
Flooded With Memories: They Might Be Giants Celebrates Thirty Years of Flood
The Brilliance Shines Brightly At Rockwood Hall
Mysterious Faux Food Cart Appears in Astoria
D’Angelico Guitars To Release New Products For 2020
Album of the Year: Civilian by Frank Tovey