Just in time for summer, here are six makeup products that Downtown recommends:
1. Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation: This foundation is revolutionary in its smooth, skin-like appearance and light to moderate coverage. The magic foundation comes in 12 different shades, so it is almost impossible not to find a shade that matches your skin tone. Once applied, the light foundation blends easily, so other people can barely tell you’re wearing makeup. This product is intended for women of all ages and skin types — there is a reason this foundation is called “magic.”
Available at Charlotte Tilbury, Nordstrom and Bergdorf Goodman, $44
2. Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm: Dior Addict lip glow is a cult favorite for numerous reasons. The lipstick is not overpowering, and subtly blends in with your natural lip color. The reviver balm also does not leave your lips feeling dry or stained. Instead, the light pink product makes your lips soft and radiant all day long. This product is perfect for summer, when you don’t want something heavy and bold, just a subtle flush of natural color.
Available at Dior, Bergdorf Goodman, Macy’s and Sephora, $33
3. No7 Airbrush Away Radiance Boosting Primer: This Primer does not coat your skin or clog your pores. Instead, the light diffusing primer evens out your complexion to leave skin looking smooth and radiant all day long. Although the primer is meant to be used underneath a foundation, this radiance boosting formula pairs well with a light bb cream or a tinted moisturizer for summer weather.
Available in Targets in September, $9.99
The Estee Edit by Estee Lauder:
4. The Edgiest Kohl Shadowstick: These shadowsticks, available in 10 different shades are as pretty in person as they are on Kendall Jenner. Jenner models the shadowstick on the Sephora website and displays the product’s versatility. The pearlized champagne color is perfect for a pale sweep of color across the lids and the darker shades create an easy smoky eye for summer nights. The color glides on smoothly and stays put throughout long hot days.
Product available for purchase at Sephora, $22
5. Beam Team Hydrate + Glow: The beam team is a high-quality tinted moisturizer with a revolutionary twist. Underneath the cap is a highlighter perfect for emphasizing your cheekbones. The moisturizer is hydrating and the quality of the product is noticeable. Estee Lauder also just came out with a new darker shade of the Beam team that is excellent for summer to provide an extra bronze glow.
Available from Sephora, $50
6. Glossier Haloscope: Haloscope is an exciting new product for highlighting. Haloscope is a combination of skincare and makeup, and provides the natural dewy glow women strive for. The outer halo of the Haloscope is infused with crystal extracts to provide shine, and the core is made of vitamin-rich moisturizes to create a hydrated dewy appearance. This Glossier product enhances the natural bronze from summer sun, while moisturizing and softening the skin.
Available from Glossier, $22