Summer in New York means 80 degree weather, meeting up with friends and colleagues, memorable moments, and of course, food. Today is your excuse to enjoy the outdoors, so get your blankets and baskets ready and check out Downtown’s tips for celebrating International Picnic Day.
1. Head to your nearest park, lake, or your backyard with a big enough blanket for your guys and gals to relax on and enjoy the scenery around you.
2. Pack some sandwiches, fruits, cheese, chips, or leftovers from last night in your basket to snack on. The food is one of the most important parts!
3. Pop open a bottle of your favorite beverages, after all you here to unwind and relax.
4. Bring some games to keep you and your friends entertained. Card games are really fun for a group.
5. Leave the phone alone unless you plan on taking selfies. Picnics originated as a way for people to socialize with each other, so don’t kill the tradition!
Picnic are the perfect intimate, summer activity to enjoy with your friends, family, or that special someone. Seize the opportunity today and cherish the outdoors and the people around you.
By: Krissy Lewis