Historically, Turkey has been the star of the Thanksgiving show — this year Breakstone’s is here to set the record straight.
In fact, according to a recent survey* conducted by New York’s own butter brand, Breakstone’s, New Yorkers cited they would rather do the following than have a Thanksgiving with no butter:
- Almost half would rather give up a season of Yankees baseball
- About 23 percent would rather give up wine and beer at their remaining holiday parties
- About 17 percent would rather give up bagels for a year
Not to mention, last Thanksgiving, New Yorkers bought more than 4.7 million pounds of butter — that’s more than 18.6 million sticks!**
- That’s enough sticks to run the length of the Brooklyn Bridge 842 times!
- That’s the length of more than 1,863 Empire State Buildings.
- That’s 1,191 times the amount of yards rushed by the New York Giants in 2016 (1,412 yards).
- That’s more than ten times the weight of the Statue of Liberty!
*According to an October 2017 Survata online survey of 718 New York adults.
**According to November 2016 industry data.