Health is important to all of us. Women, especially, have some issues that call for unique remedies and practices. Between pregnancy and menopause, there are many helpful tips and tricks to aid the female body.
Here are some healthy snacks for women! They’re all under 100 calories and great for your body, so they can be enjoyed guilt free.
- edamame: packed with protein
- bananas: prevents cramps
- Yoplait Light Yogurt: provides calcium and vitamin D
- Curves granola bar helps keeps hunger at bay
- baby carrots with hummus are crunchy and delicious goodness!
- any trail mix with dried cranberries
- Amy’s cheese pizza snacks
- Raspberries with plain yogurt & honey to get your sweet fix
- half cup frozen yogurt YUM!
- Nutter Butter granola bar, Mm, peanut butter-y!
Native Americans used cranberries for food and medicine. These berries are a great source of Vitamin C, fiber and potassium. They are especially beneficial to women for its prevention of Urinary Tract Infections (UTI).
Bananas support a healthy kidney. According to the International Journal of Cancer, research suggests that women halved their risk of developing a kidney problem by eating bananas.
Edamame is effective in alleviating the symptoms of menopause. Eating soy proteins helps hot flashes that many women experience during menopause. As if that’s not enough, it also reduces the risk of osteoporosis. Soy protein can increase bone mineral density and slow its loss in women near or beyond menopause.
Be sure to try out some of these healthy, not mention tasty, bites to eat when you’re feeling hungry and want to snack!
-by Kirk Myers and Tanima Sen