The 2017 Met Gala has come and gone. As per tradition, the Gala was on the first Monday of May at New York City’s Metropolitan Museum of Art and followed by the opening of the Costume Institute exhibition. Celebrities from everywhere flew to New York City for this event, having planned their attire months in advance with some of the world’s most renown designers.
This year’s theme for the exhibition and Gala is the following: “Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons”. For the first time since 1983, the show focuses on a living designer. The opening of the Costume Institute exhibition will be held today, May 4th and will feature around 120 Comme des Garçons womenswear designs by Kawakubo.
Here are some of Downtown’s favorite looks from Monday night’s gala.
1. Stacy Martin in Miu Miu
2. Dakota Johnson in Gucci
3. Laura Osnes in Christian Siriano
4. Lily-Rose Depp in Chanel
5. Bee Shaffer in Alexander McQueen
6. Zendaya in Dolce & Gabbana
7. Blake Lively in Atelier Versace and Ryan Reynolds
8. Alexa Chung in Diane Von Furstenberg
9. Adriana Lima in Alberta Ferretti
10. Gigi Hadid in Tommy Hilfiger